Visual Studio Extension

Where can I find the guide for using Visual Studio extension with CodeEasy.net?

Hi RobotX, welcome to Codeasy!
You can find a guide on how to install and use VS extension here: https://codeasy.net/lesson/visual_studio_extension

Please keep in mind that you need a PC with Windows installed on it to be able to use it.

1 Like

Ah thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

How do one simulate the console input data in Visual studio?

Oh, this is actually much nicer in VS than in browser: when your program wants to read from the console, it will stop, and wait for you to write text in the console window, following by “Enter”. Once you enter the line of input, the program will continue to run, till it finds the next Console.ReadLine(), etc

Ah I didn’t know that. Thank you.
So that means every time I test the code, I have to retype the input in the console correct?

Exactly! I didn’t think of this before, but now what you mentioned it - this would be an advantage of the Codeasy’s browser solution over the Visual Studio.
If you write a program that needs to be run all the time with the same parameters, usually you provide them as a command-line arguments:

In such a case, you wouldn’t need to type the input every time, but rather just run the console program with the same arguments (which is achieved by pressing the arrow “Up” in the most terminal shells.) This goes beyond Codeasy course, but you can learn it anyway by the link I provided :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, the web is nice that way. I also just figured out that the console input content can be modified (web). This is particularly useful for me when working on solutions where my result is correct only for example one but not the others.
Also thank you for the pointer in command-line arguments. I will have to check it out too.

1 Like